professional consultant’s certificate

If you are building a new house and borrowing money to finance it, your mortgage provider will need assurance that your house will be built in accordance with both planning and building warrant conditions.


The mortgage lender will request the building is inspected by a suitable professionally qualified person during construction.

The council of mortgage lenders (CML) have a list of qualifications which are recognised as suitable; your mortgage lender will accept confirmation from these professions only, in the shape of the CML Professional Consultants Certificate (PCC).

pcc copy

Murray Macleod is a member of the Chartered Institute of Building (MCIOB) and the Chartered Association of Building Engineers (C. Build E, MCABE); both of which are professional qualifications recognised by the CML.

If you require PCC certification for your self build project, please email the details to